Happy (day after) Father’s Day!
Corn on the cob….
Al Fresco chicken sausages with sauteed onions and peppers on a whole wheat roll…
And homemade eclairs…
It was so much fun just relaxing away a Sunday evening with family and some good ol’ campfire chit-chatter. This should happen more often.
I contribute a lot of my enjoyments and personality to my Dad. And since it is Father’s Day after all, here are seven things I think you should know about my Dad…
1. He tries not to take life too seriously.
2. He loves the great outdoors.
This was the first overnight hike I ever did in New Hampshire and I was instantly bit by the hiking bug.
3. He loves good food as much as I do.
4. He continuously encourages me and motivates me to keep working towards what I love.
5. He knew that it was important to keep his family staying active.
As kids, my brother, sister and I were constantly going on hikes, going kayaking, bike riding, walking, etc. I didn’t exactly appreciate it all of the time when I was small, but all those memories are some of the reasons I love staying active today.
6. He understands the joy of a good long run.
10k race, fall of 2009
7. He’s always there when I need him—as a friend and as a Dad.
Happy Fathers Day, Dad!!!