Lately I’ve been preparing breakfast the night before, thereby eliminating any early morning rushing around.
Currently, my heart belongs to the breakfast cookie.
I love the chewy, moist texture that the oats take on, after spending some quality time with pumpkin, bananas, and chocolate.
Usually I’ll top the chocolate infused cookie with sliced bananas, a bit of granola, and some extra cocoa powder for good measure. This morning I decided to slather it in homemade greek yogurt mixed with agave for a creamy change of pace. It was lovely.
Chocolate Pumpkin Breakfast Cookie
For a mocha version, add about a tsp of instant coffee to the mix before chilling in the fridge. For a spicy, gingerbread flavor, nix the cocoa and add in about a tsp of molasses (and extra cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger!)
For topping ideas, you can either make your own homemade greek yogurt (sweetened with honey or agave,) add sliced bananas and granola, chop a few almonds, sprinkle on some dried cranberries, or smear on some vanilla flavored chobani. Have fun mixing up the flavors!
Oh, and don’t forget, if you’re using unsalted peanut butter for this, add just a pinch of salt to the mix to bring it all together
- 1/2 c. uncooked rolled oats
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 T. crushed flax (optional)
- 1/2 c. canned pumpkin
- 1 T. salted peanut butter
- cinnamon and nutmeg, just a dash of each
- 2 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
- Combine all of ingredients together in a bowl. Mash with fork until well combined.
- Spread the combined mixture onto a plate. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- ENJOY the following morning!
Question: What is your current favorite breakfast?