“9” Things I Loved About This Year’s Easter
1. Nicole’s creativity, dispersed into the cutest place settings that I have ever seen.
(Nicole is the up and coming Martha Stewart, in case you didn’t know.)
2. Quiet time spent with family and friends.
3. The food. (of course!)
Nicole made a large batch of sweet potato and rosemary soup. For a moment, I completely lost my senses and found myself wishing that I was one of mom’s homemade butter rolls being dunked into the rich, orange broth.
Did I just say that out loud?
I honestly could have made a meal out of the bread and soup, but the main meal was pretty scrumptious too.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Summer Squash w/ Dill Saute
Ham and Turkey
Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
I hated the meal. All of it. Obviously. ;)
4. Seeing my bestie: Nicole @ Loving Simple Moments
5. Dessert. (because this is a completely different reason than the #3!)
Nicole went all out with the entirety of the meal. And then she ended it with a loud, lemony, coconut bang.
Kelsey brought a trio of yummy vegan desserts for the table to share as well.
6. End of meal conversations.
This is always my favorite part of every holiday. Empty plates. Quiet chatter. Candles glowing. People laughing. Bellies feeling full and content.
7. Goodie bags! :mrgreen:
8. Cuddling with a cat named Stitch.
Because he never ceases to make me laugh.
9. Remembering all of the good things in life.
Sometimes I forget to thank God for the simple moments. Which is funny, because these are the moments that I continue to remember, long after the day has passed. The moments that mean the most. I love that Easter reminds me of all these things.
QUESTION: What is your favorite part of Easter?