What does a food blogger do when their camera battery unexpectedly dies? Improvise of course! There may be only two weekend photo’s. But tomorrow the battery will be all charged up, and in the meantime I figured I’d present a Just My Your Opinion post. Because I can’t wait to start hearing what you all have to say about different food related topics… 😀
Picture #1 before the battery decided to fade on me…
I took the advice from a fellow food blogger to add basil to a veggie or regular burger. And it was wonderful, just as I expected it to be. 😀 My dad grilled bison burgers for lunch, which I promptly topped with a slice of cheese and a few slices of fresh basil plucked right off the plant. Delicious!
Speaking of bison, have any of you tried it? I had it for my first time a couple months back and fell immediately in love. I’m not a huge red meat eater, but I do enjoy a burger on occasion. Bison tastes very similair to beef, and as long as you don’t overcook it, this lean meat won’t dry out on you either.
I can’t get enough of my new favorite smoothie concoction. Freezing the banana really whips it all up to make a cold glass of frothy goodness. It’s like enjoying a milkshake, and it offers you sweetness and a ton of nutrients. All the protein from the milk and peanut butter keeps me full too, which is a plus. 😀
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 c. milk
- 1 T. cocoa
- 1 T. peanut butter
Vrrooomm…whip it up and enjoy some chocolate, pb and banana bliss! 😀
“Just My Your Opinion: Healthy Eating”
I love to ramble but I also love to hear what you all have to say too!! Every once in a while I’ll throw out a Just My Your Opinion post. Probably on the weekends, when my posts tend to be shorter and not full of my day-to-day eats. 😀 Basically, feel free to reply with a comment or ramble of what you think about the issue, or just sit back and read what other people have to say. 😀
What does Healthy Eating mean to you?
I love asking people this question, because I’ve received so many different answers:
- “Not eating too many carbs…especially after 6.”
- “Not eating sweets…ever. That’s why I’m not a healthy eater because I could never do that!”
- “Eating the right foods for a proper balance of energy, feeling good, and looking good too.”
- “Balance and moderation…hotdogs for lunch, burgers for dinner.” hahaha…
I laugh at a few, groan over some, and agree with some too. 😉 I think they could all be changed to say:
- “Not eating too many carbs…especially after 6 too much of any one food. Different foods offer different nutrients and benefits, so go a lil’ crazy and try something new! 😀 “
- “Not eating sweets…ever too many sweets. That’s why I am not a healthy eater, because I could never do that can enjoy all foods in moderation.”
- “Eating the right foods for a proper balance of energy, feeling good, and looking good too.” +1
- “Balance and moderation…hotdogs for lunch on occasion, and burgers for dinner on occasion too…no foods need to be excluded as long as I focus on balance and moderation!”
So if I were to ask you what healthy eating means, what would you say???