1. Sleeping in…
2…and creating one of my favorite morning meals.
That would be “un”overnight oats (1/2 c. uncooked oats with 6-oz. plain yogurt) mixed with strawberries and stuffed in a cantaloupe with walnuts and honey on top.
3. Laughing and being silly with my bestie.
4. Going for a nature walk in my backyard with Dad.
5. Receiving Julia Child’s cookbook, which I have always considered to be the quintessential cookbook. I can’t wait to test it out! 😀
6. Playing “pin the tail on the donkey.” And no, you’re never too old to play this game. 😉
7. Watching dad turn a regular ol’ chicken into the most wonderful thing I have ever tasted, with nothing but the grill, a few spices and a half empty beer can. The smell was intoxicating, and the flavor was out of this world.
Plus lots and lots of roasted veggies and garlic infused red potatoes.
8. Spending my afternoon with my apron on, the counry music blaring, and a pot of butternut squash soup simmering on the stove.
Recipe to come!
9. Spending the day with family, friends, family. 😀
10. The grand. sweet. finale: Icebox Lemon Pie with Homemade Cream.
Yet another recipe to come! This baby *screamed* of lemon.
On that note, it is time to relax with a cup of warm, raspberry tea and a good movie. I’ll be back tomorrow with a heaping host of recipes. Be prepared. 😉
Question: What was your favorite thing about today?