Life has been kind of insane lately.
For starters, I just started my Christmas shopping today. Which, actually—to be completely honest—is a major improvement for me. 😉
And then later today—during a shopping trip with my mom—the car’s tires were apparently all wobbly (thanks to a kind woman who alerted us of this fact) which means that our shopping was cut early for a trip to the tire barn.
And then I realized that I had more homework than I first realized, after finishing up my pediatric rotation at the hospital over the past week.
But then. Then! I realized that we’re just two weeks away from Christmas, and it finally occurred to me that it’s no time at all to be grumpy or frazzled. So I threw on some Pandora, helped put up the Christmas tree (the “official” decorating is tomorrow though!) and got to work making dinner. With a smile on my face.
Because, you know, life is just too short—just too precious—to get frazzly fried. Besides, it’s kind of impossible to frown or feel stressed when you’re listening to “Deck the Halls” by Nat King Cole. 😉
Smile and Carry On.
(To make life even easier for everyone during the next couple of days, I loaded the baking sheet with plenty of extra veggies. Any leftovers will be used for salads, wraps, pizzas, sauteed chicken, pureed soups, et cetera. )
Next to whisking, dicing a bunch of fresh veggies is one of my favorite activities; one of life’s many, many, many simple pleasures.
And lucky for me, I planned on tonight’s dinner being filled with an overabundance of such diced veggies. Roasted to nothing but caramelized perfection through the heat of the oven. Perfect.
Time. To. EAT!
Smile. Eat. And Carry On.
Roasted Veggie Wraps
This is one of my favorite meals to make when life gets busy. They’re super easy to make, and even easier to use as leftovers for the next couple of days.
The wraps are delicious with any and all of your favorite veggies. Broccoli, spinach, de-seeded tomatoes, carrots, et cetera. No combination will fail you, I promise! And as far as the cheese goes, I’ve made these with feta, swiss and gouda before. It always comes out new, slightly unexpected, and wonderful. Just have fun with it! 😀
- a mixture of your favorite veggies, sliced and diced (I used mushrooms, peppers, and onions)
- sea salt and pepper
- whole wheat tortilla wraps
- optional: serve with guacamole and side salads
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray baking pan with cooking spray. Add chopped veggies and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Place in oven for a total of 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Once there is only about 10 minutes or so left for the veggies, heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add wraps and place cheese on half of the wrap. Fold over, press down lightly and cook until the side is well browned and crispy. Flip, lower heat and continue cooking until veggies are ready.
- Fill wraps with cooked veggies. Cut in half and serve with guacamole if desired. ENJOY! 😀
Question: Christmas music…yay or nay? A big YAY to the old classics! 😀